COVID-19 Readiness Plan
First Community is committed to always maintaining a high level of readiness to serve our members under a variety of scenarios including those specific to the potential threat of the Coronavirus. Our priority is to keep our members and staff both safe and informed. We are currenlty offering drive-thru service only at our branches. Our Walmart offices will be closed, but night drop will be serviced daily and every Walmart* has an ATM that will remain available.
*Maplewood Walmart ATM does not accept deposits.
In addtion to drive-thru service, we have many other ways to access your account.
- Use online banking and our mobile banking app to check balances, transfer money, pay bills and a variety of other services.
- During regular business hours, speak to a representative in our Information Center by calling 636-728-3333 or 1-800-767-8880 (option 9). Hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-7:00pm and Saturday 8:30am-12:30 pm.
- Access your account by phone anytime day or night with our Express 24 Information Line at 1-800-843-0769. Your phone PIN is required. A phone PIN can be reissued upon request by contacting our Information Center.
- Use our drive-up service available at most branches. Branch locations, ATMS, drive-ups and hours.
In preparation for potentially limited service at First Community here are a few things you may want to do if you have not already done them.
- Enroll in online banking to gain access to your accounts from home 24/7. Your phone PIN will be required. A phone PIN can be reissued upon request by contacting our Information Center.
- Get a debit card for your account. You will be able to make deposits, pay for purchases and get cash without the need to come into a branch.
- Download the First Community app for Apple and Android devices. You can deposit checks using the remote check deposit feature.
- Sign up for direct deposit if your employer offers it.
- Consider using one of our online options to make loan payments. You can use online banking or Express24 to make payments from your First Community account. You can also use our External Loan Payment option with online banking to make your payment from another financial institution. All these options are FREE! You can also pay using a debit card with LoanPay at 1-866-285-2981. A processing fee for this service will be charged.
Q: Does First Community offer a loan to help members facing financial impact from the pandemic crisis?
A: Yes, First Community is offering a $3,500 unsecured personal loan to help our members with a rate of 2.99%. The loan is subject to credit approval. Apply online.
Q:Does First Community offer the SBA/Paycheck Protection Program loan resulting from the CARES Act?
A: Yes! We are accepting applications for the SBA Paycheck Protection Program. Learn more and apply online.
Q: Can I learn more about the economic impact payments being issued by the Treasury Department and the IRS?
Y: Yes, click here for IRS information on eligibility and how to receive payment.
Q: When will night drop be processed?
A: Night drop deposits will be collected Monday-Saturday and will be processed that same day. Deposits made after 9:00 a.m. will be processed the following business day. Deposits made through night drop on Sunday will be posted on Monday.
Q: Are employees in branches healthy?
A: Yes. Employees are given paid sick days and have been instructed to stay home if they are sick.
Q: Is the cash sanitized before given to the member?
A: No. We are unable to ‘sanitize’ currency before it is given to members. We recommend additional hand washing when handling cash.
Q: Are you going to close your branches?
A: At this time we are only closing our lobbies, and this includes all Walmart branches. We are still providing drive-thru service. Any additional changes to our operations will be posted here on our website.
Q: If branch locations are closed will all my direct deposit and automatic payments still be made?
A: Yes. All automatic files will be processed with no anticipated interruption.
Q: If a member is financially impacted due to loss of work or pay are they still expected to make their loan payments?
A: Yes. Loan payments are expected by their payment due date but payment deferments are available upon request. Call 636-728-3322 to make payment arrangments.
Q: If branches close how will I get cash?
A: You can use an ATM or get cash back with your debit card at most retailers.
Q: Can I withdraw as much cash as I want?
A: Yes. It is your money and having some cash on hand is a good idea. However, for your own safety we do not recommend you withdraw large amounts of cash. Your deposits are insured by the NCUA so your money is safest here in your account. Should you still wish to make a large withdrawal, please advise your branch a few days in advance so they have sufficient cash.
Q: How much cash can I get from an ATM?
A: You can get $1,000 per day but it may require multiple transactions of no more than $500 each.