Youth Saver's Account
Designed to encourage our members 18 and under to save money and learn about finances, this account rewards them with competitive dividends on balances greater than $25. It also serves as their membership in First Community.
All accounts must have an adult joint owner, or be set up as a trust account if the primary member is too young to produce a signature. Get your kids on the road to financial wellness today.
- Provide membership to First Community
- Teach important financial lessons
- Earn competitive dividends
- Dividends calculated daily, paid quarterly
- No monthly service fee
- $1 minimum balance requirement
- $25 minimum balance to earn dividends
- Members 0-12 automatically enrolled in RISING S.T.A.R.S.
- Members 13-18 automatically entered in genNOW
- Enjoy cool features, prizes, and rewards for school performance
- $1 deposit to open
Important Information About Procedures for Opening a New Account
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account, including joint owners and authorized signers. What this means for you: When you open an account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, social security number or tax payer identification number, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see your driver's license or other identifying documents.
- Rising S.T.A.R.S. Account
All members age 12 and under are automatically enrolled in Rising S.T.A.R.S., a savings account that encourages smart saving habits and financial responsibility. S.T.A.R.S. stands for Savings, Teamwork, Activities, Report Cards and Schools.
Special features include:
- S.T.A.R.S. Club savings folder and pencil
- Coin Saver Card
- Special events for club members
- A's Reward Program gives $1 for every "A" earned on report cards*
- Each $10 saved earns a sticker
- Reach $200 to receive a special prize per year!**
*Report cards are only accepted for the first semester/trimester and 2nd semester/3rd trimester. To receive $1 for A's, bring in your first/second semester or first/third trimester report card to a First Community location by August 31st following the school year. For example: Report cards for the 2016-2017 school year are accepted until August 31, 2017. Report cards for the 2017-2018 school year are accepted until August 31, 2018.
**Prize redeemable upon request and only for deposits made within the previous 12 months.
- genNOW Account
This cool account with lots of freebies is designed to help our members 13-18 years old learn the basics of money management. As long as they are enrolled in high school, they can save money and enjoy exclusive features!
Must be enrolled in high school
Special features include:
- Two Marcus movie vouchers when members make the honor roll*
- FirstPay, Prepaid Visa card available
- Members 16 and up can have a checking account if an adult is listed on the account
*To receive movie tickets, official documentation of honor roll status must be submitted in person to a First Community location by August 31st, 2017. Two tickets given per semester or trimester. Report cards are accepted after the first semester/trimester and 2nd semester/3rd trimester.
**Terms, conditions and fees apply to reloadable Youth MasterCard.
***First Community does not control the content of Googoplex.